Friday, June 5, 2009

Busy week

This week has been going by so fast! We had Carly's birthday party on Monday, on Tuesdays we usually take Lyv to gymnastics, but monday was so crazy for them, I decided to ditch it and let them sleep in. I'm so glad I did because the girls slept until 9 and Kai slept until 10! They all are usually up by 7 or 8. We just cleaned house tuesday but wednesday we went in to gymnastics and met my mom at Wendy's for lunch (that's what carly wanted). After I got home I got a call from Summer saying that we could go pick plums to make jam with, so I figured I would just go to lyv's T-ball game at 5, have my mom meet me there, and bring the kids home and I would take her truck and go pick plums, well, about 3:30 Lyv got really sick to her stomach and wasn't is any shape to play soccer. Which stunk because she was also doing team photos after her game, she slept through her game, and eventually felt better, so I headed out with the truck to pick up Summer and Jill. We went and picked a 2-gallon bucket full of little cherry plums, thinking we wouldn't end up with a ton of jam. After we got home I needed to get some groceries, so Summer and I went to Wal-Mart to get sugar and pectin for the jam.


Thursday Summer, Jill and Alicia came over, Summer & Jill started the Jam and Alicia did my hair! I've been wanting something crazy, and I do believe I have accomplished that!


Before....


AFTER!


So fun! We made jam using my cool steam juicer I got for Christmas (I think), that thing is awesome!! This is how much we got out of two batches, but we still had 1/2 the bucket left to go!

After naps we got around and went to Lyv's last T-ball game, it was the last game of the season, and Joey got to come for the first time! Joey's mom and sister were able to come also, Kai was being silly and wouldn't talk in front of them! He was sure hamming it up though!

After the game all the kids got medals for playing this season, and we got to all go eat dinner for free at the concession stands, which was a microwaved corndog or a hamburger, chips and some cake, but hey, who passes up free food?!?

After the game, Mom and I went to St. George to get more jars from my mother-in-laws, return a movie and go shopping for groceries for Carlys party Saturday, we got home way later than we wanted, but we had fun!!

This morning Alicia came back and trimmed the girls hair and Summer showed up and we finished all the jam, today was so perfect! It is about 85 degrees, but it's overcast and beautiful, the kids were outside all morning. Here is the jam we did today, not including the ones in the photo above. I love canning, it's so fun! Free food, again, Score!!

3 comments:

Bonita said...

Sweet before picture..lol..way cute hair!
Happy Birthday Karly!

Plain Jame said...

I lalalalalalalooooove your haircut! Even better is the before picture - tee hee! My hair is now down to my bum, seriously. It's crazy.
Anyways, ambitious with the Jam holy cow thats awesome. I haven't ever made jam that way - just strawberry freezer jam so far. I wish someone would teach me how. The Tball uniform is too cute, too!

Shane and Brandi said...

You have some fun pictures! How much jam did you end up with? I have to agree I love the before picture too. The after one doesn't show that much of your blonde though.