I am finally feeling like Lyv's room will actually some day be finished! yay!! here are some of the things I have done for it. I found this lamp (sans shade) at DI for $1, and the shade at Tai Pan for (i think) $3.
I painted the base white, used the left-over zebra fabric from Lyv's chair, and got 1 yard of the beaded ribbon from walmart for a few dollars. here's how it turned out!
One of the first things we found for Lyv's new room was the bench that goes to this set at DI, it had a dirty white cloth top, so I reupholstered it and covered it in vinyl, 2 weeks later at DI my mom found the rest of the vanity! SO LUCKY!! I don't know how that worked out, but it did! so this is pretty close to how the vanity looked when we first got it, the bench was $10 and the Vanity was $15 at DI.
This took me a long time, but so worth it!! I love how this turned out! the wall behind the vanity will eventually be a light pink, NOT BLUE!! (so just imagine it for now, K?) There's a hint of the bedspread in the mirror, but that will come later, like, when the bed is actually put together ;) notice the big jewel pull? One of my favorite parts of the whole room!
When I was cruising the web for ideas for furniture for said room, i came across this! I LOVE this!! i love the hidden pink in the drawers! It is also what made me decide that every surface in the room had to be "high gloss" my poor mom is probably sick of hearing me say "but it has to be high gloss!!"
So... we found this night stand at DI for $10, sanded it, painted it, sanded it, painted it (yep, again), and then put a couple coats of polyurethane on it, this piece took the longest, but I am so happy with the results!!
Closed!
that's all for now! I will keep posting the projects until I have them all, and then I will do the entire room! we revealed all that we have to lyv on Saturday, she LOVES it!! when we first started talking to her about doing her room for her birthday she wanted me to do it in "ladybugs"...... um.... NO!!! so i coaxed her into this... so glad I did!







4 comments:
That is AWESOME!!! I am doing Carmen's room in Hot Pink and Black too, no baby room for her, hehe. LOVE DI and hard work!!
I LOVE the Di down there. the one up hear sucks!! nothing good. everything looks great! you did a awsome job
Colony you really are amazing! I love the room (and I am glad you talked Liv out of lady bugs... she'll be happy you did!) :)
you are really cool. I wanna redo a room!
Post a Comment