Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What Colony Wants!!

First a little background... I am doing a total makeover in Lyv's room for her birthday. (after all, she is now a mature 6!)  It has been a lot more work that I thought it would be, but I am having a blast and learning a lot! I vowed in the beginning to only use furniture from thrift stores/ yard sales. I must say, we have done really well!  I will post more about it soon. After all, a girl can only do so much! :) Now back to the show.

What Colony Wants! (a lot!)


anyone have $300 hanging around?  yeah... Me either. 

I have been coveting this for months! So today I went to DI to get some sheets to make pioneer dresses out of for the girls for Pioneer day and Lo and Behold I find........




THIS!!!!!!!
do you see the potential?!?!?!  I mean, do you really SEE it!?!?!  I see beauty beyond measure!! I see the crowning jewel of the room I have been  Lyv has been dreaming of for months! And it only cost $10!! The best $10 dollars I have ever spent!!  SQUEAL!!!!!  *pant, pant*

(composing self)

So... stay tuned and I promise I will post the outcome!


7 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

A little black spray paint and some bling and you will be good to go! LOL You crack me up. See you tonight.

Nate and Sum said...

I think a dinner celebration is in order. Durangos?

Bonita said...

ohhh purty!! can't wait to see it done!

Kendra said...

I heart spray paint!

Echolaylee said...

Yay Yah Yah! Congrats!

keri said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. YOu always have the cutest ideas.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done! I was just as excited as I was reading your post and could totally see you clapping your hands and could see the excitement in your face! You are too cute!! Gotta love D.I.
Daniela